Homburg, Christian (2016), Marketingmanagement, 6. ed., Wiesbaden.
|Content of teaching|
Understanding International Buyer Behavior
Market Entry Decisions
International Marketing and Sales Management (adaptation vs. differentiation)
- The course language is English.
- In order to participate in this course, you need to apply. Applications are usually accepted at the start of the lecture period in winter term. Detailed information on the application process is usually provided on the website of the Marketing and Sales Research Group (marketing.iism.kit.edu) shortly before the lecture period in winter term starts.
- Please note that only one of the 1.5 ECTS courses can be chosen in the module.
- Please note: The number of participants for this course is limited. The Marketing and Sales Research Group typically provides the possibility to attend a course with 1,5 ECTS in the respective module to all students. Participation in a specific course cannot be guaranteed.
Total workload for 1.5 ECTS: ca. 45 hours
- … understand what makes marketing and sales special in an international context (role of culture, international buyer behavior, strategic market entry decisions, international marketing mix management)
- … are able to analyze relevant country, customer and competitor information and derive a suitable market entry strategy
- … understand important concepts of international sales and are able to apply these in the realm of the simulation
- … are capable of re-evaluating and adapting their strategy on the basis of changes in the market environment
- … are able to critically evaluate the success of the chosen strategy and present the results in front of the class